|Forever Alone totally looks like a potato with arms!|
- Be open minded- college is a melting pot of people from all different sorts of walks of life and different beliefs. Embrace people’s differences and use it as a learning opportunity to become a more worldly person. While sometimes you might not always understand why people do some of the things they do, it can be fascinating to watch and try to relate to them.
- Be kind- This sounds like such a basic thing, but believe it or not, it can go such a long way. (: Everybody has their bad days. You never know what someone is going through, and you can’t control other people. But you can control how you impact them. Do you dare to be kind? When faced with the challenge to make the choice to be neutral or kind, can you take the challenge?
- Be resilient- people love to be surrounded by positive people. If you get knocked down seven times, stand up eight. Resilience is not letting anything keep you down for long because you remain optimistic. (: You respect yourself and your friends will be drawn to this and will in turn respect you for this. You’ll make even better friends for this quality. Resilience is contagious!
- Honesty and trust go hand in hand- even if it is a little white lie, that little white lie is a crack in the shield of friendship. If that crack gets too long, the shield will shatter and leave you with no shield. That’s why it is important to be honest, even if it hurts the friendship for a little bit at first. The friendship will heal and the shield will be stronger than before.
- Put yourself aside- be ready to look silly and do not be ashamed. Part of the fun in friendships is looking silly to the rest of the world. This is how people bond (: There is nothing wrong with that. Embrace silliness as long as no one is getting hurt. A very good friend of mine told me the more trials (serious and silly alike) people go through, the better friends they end up being.
|Whether you're the polar bear or the dog <3|