Monday, October 22, 2012

WorldFest!

  
I <3  field trips! woohoooo!!!!!

  The GATE (Global Awareness Through Education) students had the opportunity to take a field trip to World Fest in Addison Square this Sunday. I must say we had lots of fun, minus.. the heat and the humidity... 



 "WorldFest celebrates the diverse cultural communities that make up the DFW Metroplex and provides guests the opportunity to be immersed in the culture of Asia, Europe, Africa, Middle East and of course the Americas"




It was definitely a great experience! I enjoyed seeing cuisines from around the world. Also, being a girl and all I was very impressed with the many handmade jewelry and clothing! Believe me, I wanted to buy up EVERYTHING!






Being born from a different country, I definitely believe that it is important to learn as much as you can about different cultures. I feel like it will make you more aware of the world you live in as well as gaining more knowledge of course!


Here are some short videos of some of the dances I saw at WorldFest.  Hope you enjoy them!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those videos were spectacular! I'll be sure to attend this next year!

Post a Comment