Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Power of Using a UT Tyler Planner


It started in Elementary. They just smiled and handed me a "planner". They told me they would monitor my use of it. So I wrote in my horrible handwriting what was due and threw it into my backpack never to be looked at again. It was a horrible cycle. It continued to middle school without a thought. 
Then dark times came (the fire nation attacked) when I entered high school.
It took about three years before my cycle was finally crushed and squashed between the pinky toe of a small bald man. My previous teachers were sub par in seeing the past the facade of my  "planners"
I was too disorganized and failed to turn in projects, my mediocre grades dropping even lower with the Texas heat. Then the short bald man lectured into seeing the light of using such devices to make sure I did everything I needed to do. 
Strangely, this use of the planner worked to my utter shock. I was strong, I stayed on the path for a good two years THEN I graduated high school.
I went down an even more dangerous path my freshman year of not writing down any of my assignments or when tests were other than in the margins of my notebooks. I somehow managed to do pretty well in all my classes both semesters. 
Now today, the below picture is my Google Calender , my "planner".
It pops up reminders on my phone with such strange magic. 
I really developed and started using the schedule because my life became so full that if I didn't schedule time for things then I would procrastinate and fail to do something and would be found crying under my desk. Now I breathe with a little less weight on my shoulders.
The point of that long dramatic sarcastic soliloquy was that if you've given up using some sort of procedure to schedule class work or your life, try again. 
If using a old school paper planner works for you, do it! this is how Kat does her planning!
if you are an electronic person like me, use whatever  applications work for you.
If something else works for you, do it that way.

Now I bide you all adieu. So I can go study for my two tests this week. 


3 comments:

Amber said...

Nice!!

Anonymous said...

I personally couldn't concur much more now with this amazing concept, I observed that currently some things tend to be changing in just a radical proportion, it's possible that for better or perhaps bad.
Kahuna e-juice

Anonymous said...

chrome hearts
goyard tote bag
golden goose outlet

Post a Comment