Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dispatch, At Your Service!



  The University of Texas at Tyler

   UT Tyler Police Department

USC Room 125

3410 Varsity Drive

Tyler, Tx 75799


We can all agree that Mondays are always the hardest to get through. The start of each week always makes me want to hit snooze and pull the covers over my head, never having the drive to face the day head on.

So every Monday after history, I take a quick hour nap before I go to work in order to ease my bitterness against Mondays. But when I woke up yesterday feeling refreshed from my nap.. well let's just say, the day went spiraling down quite fast.

On my way out the door, I looked for my keys, and of COURSE they weren't where I thought they would be.
After turning my room inside out, I finally went to check in my car, and yes, they were sitting on the driver's seat in my LOCKED car.


   My roommate kindly took me to work and I explained the situation to my supervisor so I could do the necessary action to get my keys out. I called the dispatch service and told them the situation. They were in Patriot Village Apartment in less than 10 minutes of my phone call with tools in hand! I was so impressed!

So what I am getting at is, the newly introduced the Dispatch Service by UT Tyler Police Department from last semester is a great resource for students. They can obviously help you with unlocking your cars to get your keys. I've also heard stories from friends that they have previously helped students jump start their cars, and also give rides to students who do not feel comfortable walking back to their apartments or dorms at night.

Below are a list of very useful numbers that I highly suggest you save on your phone just in case! I NEVER would have thought I would be one of those people locking my keys in my car.. and unfortunately I proved myself wrong. So SAVE SAVE SAVE the dispatch number. You never know when you're gonna need it!

In case of emergencies, dial 9-1-1.

    For other non-emergency issues, call one of the following numbers:

Dispatch
Emergency Cell
24/7903.566.7300
903-520-7404
Parking Office8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F   903.565.5840
Administrative
Offices
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F903.566.7060

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a rough start. I'm glad you were able to get out of your rut though! :D

Unknown said...

Awww thank you:)

Post a Comment