Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What Did I Get Myself Into?

After two weeks of nursing school I am E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D! I know it was going to be a challenge but I am so overwhelmed! There's so many outside school work that I can't even fit some of it on the space of my agenda!

My fellow student bloggers and I have numerous  blogs about tips on how to stay on top of school, be organize and stay motivated. However, sometimes all the hard work doesn't seem to be worth it when we lose ourselves in the chaos we call college.

I have always had this yearning to help people and with this drive, I always have wanted to be in the medical field. After years of schooling, especially the first years of college, I knew I was working towards my goal to become a nurse... but it has become a vision to get a degree. I realize that I have been so consumed with the commotion of college that I have somehow put aside the reason why I wanted this RN title in the first place.





My professor showed us a video that portrayed how a single person can change a person's life. Then it just hit me! I am on my way to become a nurse. A nurse. A NURSE! It solidified how important this role is with preserving life, touching someone in an emotional level and of course the fact that people's lives will be in MY hands. Oh yes.. I feel the pressure.. you bet! But this video also resurfaced the reason why I wanted to go through these awful stressful years for! In the end, I know all the work and stressful times will be worth it to be able to get paid for what I am passionate to do! Which is the goal of graduating college right?

You might not want to be in a medical field, but which whatever major or career you choose, always remember that you DO have the power to touch people's lives everyday. Even though college is such a stressful time and it seems like you can't see the end, always think of why you wanted to do this in the first place. Find the passion that led you to choose this career and I bet you, it will give you the extra nudge you need to study a bit more and get through this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment