So as you may know and may have heard, Finals Week is here and imminent, leading to insane amounts of cramming, an obscene amount of coffee consumption, and all nighters all around. While it may be a little bit better for your test grade because it allows you more study time, it is not the best thing for your health. When your body is stressed out, it is more prone to getting sick! And everyone knows that being sick during Finals is the worst.
|"No, Linus, it doesn't have to be. Not with these handy dandy tips!"|
- Take a 30 minute power nap- studies have shown that a 30 minute nap restores memory function and focus, allowing you to be able to concentrate better on whatever task was at hand.
- Soak in the bubble bath- it worked for Archimedes, didn't it? If Archimedes wouldn't have been taking a bath, he might never have had his famous “Eureka!” moment about his buoyancy theory! So grab your rubber ducky and see what happens.
- Get thee to a Pet Shop/animal shelter- spend time with an animal of your choice and pet it. Studies have shown that petting dogs can lower your blood pressure and stress levels! By spending time with these animals, you’ll be improving not only your health, but theirs too. How awesome is that?
- Motivate yourself! Whether it’s bribing yourself with gummy bears on every paragraph to get yourself to read or buying new bright highlighters, find your “thing”. It builds self-discipline and you’ll find that you have more time for what you actually enjoy.
- Take note- it’s easy to overwhelm yourself with what all you haven’t done and what all still needs to be done. Instead of doing that, make a list of what all you have gotten through! You’ll find that you’re capable of more than you think.
|"I like your sleeves. They're really big." -Napoleon Dynamite|
It is easy to procrastinate and cram, but you’re only hurting yourself in the end. True success is maintaining a balance between academic, physical, and mental well-being. If even one is out of balance, is the individual truly a success?