Saturday, June 22, 2013

Squeezing into the UT Tyler Telecommunications Team family


Hi everyone! My name is Patricia Peralta and I’m a new addition to the telecommunications team at The University of Texas at Tyler. I'm going to scribble my name into the family tree and introduce myself.

I’m a senior; I’ll be graduating in December with a bachelor’s in Political Science. I started at UT Tyler as a freshman, so I know a bit about the landscape about the place; I took a few courses at TJC when I was a senior in high school.

I’m a native Tylerite and I also currently work for the City of Tyler as well. I used to work at a movie theater and we did student discounts (I’ve seen many an UT Tyler student ID in my three and a half years at the theater). I've also worked in retail, so I'm really grateful to have the opportunity to actually affect student's decisions than to make transaction.
I don't know why they let me be lower management


I’m mostly a hermit, so I won’t be the absolute best person to ask about student organizations and events, but I’m friends with social butterflies that know much more than I do. I like current events and books. I’m addicted to TV shows and I almost usually get attached to fictional characters much more than I should.

My mom, sister and I on my birthday

I’m Mexican American and I was the first person in my immediate family to graduate from high school and will be the first in my extended family to obtain a higher degree. One fun fact about myself that I will leave you with: I speak Spanish at home with my parents and I learned English from the TV show Barney before I started kindergarten. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is only a piece of Patricia. She's an awesome lady with a bright future!!!! *puts on shades*

Anonymous said...

I think that you were one of my students in third grade, I will never forget your desire to learn! Congratulations!

Post a Comment