Friday, June 21, 2013

Hey, everyone!

My name is Julia and I am one of the new additions to The University of Texas at Tyler’s communications team. I am really excited to start sharing everything I know about the academic, organizations and student life involvements that are found here at UT Tyler.


That's me up there.

For a little background about myself- I just received my associate’s degree in business management. Getting my associates is remarkable to me because I finished something, woot woot! While at TJC, I competed on the speech and debate team at the state and national level, enjoyed several ceramics classes- where I made some cups and sculptures, changed my major twice, and took Calculus (which I had never planned on taking to begin with). Here at UT Tyler, I plan to study psychology as my major and minor in business.


Ceramics stuff I made.

For a little insight into who I am, let me first say that I am deeply passionate about human rights, feminism and kittens. One of the reasons I want to start learning about psychology is because I feel the study of the human mind and nature of people will lead me to conclusions surrounding cultural issues in our society. I am most intrigued by gender, sexuality and sexology. As for kittens, I am charmed by them because they are fluffy and adorable by default.
 

My kitten, Burnadette!
(Obviously fluffy and adorable by default.)

I always cringe when people ask me what my hobbies are because I cannot choose! For the most part, I appreciate anything that puts me out in nature. Activities like photography, bonfires, and star-gazing are all super therapeutic to me. I enjoy reading and finding out what is happening in the world. My friends keep me sane, my family gives me just the right amount of craziness I need, and my girlfriend inspires me to live with purpose. My favorite fruit is watermelon and my favorite word is fervor. That’s me in a nutshell.


Oh, and sunsets are my favorite part of the day.

I am really, REALLY eager to start sharing my experience at UT Tyler with you all. I’m sure we will learn a lot from each other. What are some of your favorite things to do around campus?

No comments:

Post a Comment