Friday, November 30, 2012

My Thanksgiving!


                Hey Guys! Well, Thanksgiving break has come to an end, and normal life has started back up again for everybody. Overall, my break was amazing. I must admit that this has probably been one of my absolute favorite Thanksgivings ever!

                Last week, I left for home on Wednesday to go to downtown Dallas for a dentist appointment, which I always dread. Almost every time I go, I have a cavity due to my obsession with sugar. However this time, I did not have any cavities! I was so happy, because I don’t like going to the dentist. After I got my teeth cleaned, I surprised my Grandfather by going to visit him! That made him REALLY happy, because I haven’t seen him since I left for college in August.              
                The next day was Thanksgiving Day, so I went to my other Grandparent’s house! When I got there, all of my cousins and aunts and uncles were there. Did I mention that I have a huge family? Well I definitely do. There were at least 25 people at that little house. What I love most about Thanksgiving is that you can get away with eating as much food as your body can take, and then some more. And I did exactly that. I’m pretty sure that I went into a turkey coma.
                Later that night, I made the horrible decision go to some place for Black Friday. I had never actually gone before, and I thought that I would really enjoy it. Sadly, when I went to the first store, I was slightly overcome with the amount of aggressive people who were everywhere. I saw a couple of fights over a blu ray player. I thought that the whole thing was ridiculous so I left and never looked back. Now the whole idea of Black Friday seems not so smart to me.
                For the rest of the break, I pretty much just hung out with my brothers, sisters, and parents. It was nice to finally do some catching up. I never realized how much I missed my parent’s cooking. It seemed like the break went by so quickly! Before I knew it, it was time to come back to school! Actually, this semester has gone by fast! The end of the semester is in 3 weeks!
                I’m glad to be back here at UT Tyler after a much needed visit with my family! How was your break? Leave a comment below and tell us how it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment