Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The 4:00am Fire Drill



One of the perks of living on campus? 4 am fire alarm drills. 
  This occurred maybe a week or two ago but got shoved under the rug because I was still disgruntled about it until recently. The good thing about this event was it happened on a Saturday night. So I didn't go all HULK SMASH on the closest object. If it had been on Sunday,Tuesday or Thursday that would be a totally different story because I have a 8:00 class and I need all the sleep I can get. 

Here's the play by play:
 I wasn't wearing any pants when I went to bed the night of this fire alarm. So when my reflexes kicked in after hearing the fire alarm. I jumped out of bed. This action knocked my phone on the floor. I grabbed the closest pair of pants I could find, which were jeans, put them on and waited for my roommates to get up and went to the stairwell. The fire alarms are very sensitive at Patriot Village.
 Ironically, my boyfriend's ex-roommate cooked three pounds of bacon on a griddle last semester and DIDN'T set off the alarm. Though every open-able window and door was open to move all the smoke and yucky-ness out of the apartment.
Back to the dreaded night, there wasn't really a fire but smoke of some sort tricked the fire alarm to go off. We all headed back to bed. Between my roommates, it was decided that I had the best fight or flight reactions and that when I was standing in the hallway waiting for my roommates looked extremely creepy. 
  Funny thing, that next day the fire alarm went off at the second building when it was raining. 
So. yeah. Fire alarms are awesome in the sense that if an actual fire occurs, the chance of you getting out alive is higher. The increased sensitivity of fire alarms when there is not a fire can be annoying. 
        Things like this occur. You can get mad about them or just go with the flow. I can say that I have experienced a 4:00 am fire drill. Have you?

1 comment:

mashayson said...

more tips here see this recommended you read go to this web-site go right here Dolabuy Dior

Post a Comment