Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Family Ties

I come from a large family-I'm one of 5 kids! Now we are all starting to venture off into the world and do different things, so we don't always get to see each other as often as we want to. For example, my only sister, Valerie, has moved on to finish school at Lyon College in Batesville, Arkansas! She and I are very close in age, so I miss her very much. Now that I'm attending UT Tyler and living at home, we never get to see each other!

Our first picture at the hotel!
Last weekend, we went to watch her play softball in Conway, AR! I am very proud of Val and her many achievements, both on and off of the field. 

Family is such an important aspect of my life, and I think my family is vital to my success in life. Often, they are the ones who provide the most support and love, and they are always there for you without judgement.

Sometimes, people are dealt a less-supportive group of people in their blood relatives. In that case, it is vital that you work towards making good, solid, close friends wherever you are so that you can support each other through the good times and the bad!

My mom is very supportive and loving, and apparently I look like a mini-version of her! You can't tell in this picture though, because it was FREEZING at the softball fields! It was raining off and on all day, and the temperature was about 50 degrees-WITH WIND! I am a summer baby and very cold-natured, so we tried to stay warm by bundling up!












I always love watching Val play, because she is really good! Here's a couple shots of her at-bat!


           

Now I'm just starting to brag about her, but it's all true. I will close by saying that I am very thankful for my family, and they have helped me become the person that I am today. I encourage you all to take advantage of your family if you can. If not, seek out those good, quality friends and people in your surroundings (on campus, maybe) to become an integral part in your life.

We're kind of silly sometimes. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment