Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wind Ensemble Concert is here!!


                I am so pumped, you guys, PUMPED. As some of you may know, I am very into music of all kinds. I was in band in high school and middle school, so I even have some experience under my little belt. Tomorrow, the UT Tyler Wind Ensemble is going to put on their first concert of the semester
                To me, music is a direct expression of the way a person or the composer feels. When you listen to music, sometimes it can even make you feel that way, which is exactly the composer’s intention. The intention is to tell a story without words, without pictures or light, just music. I think that that is a pretty good reason to enjoy music. When the ensemble plays their music, learn to appreciate the music by making a connection with it!
                The concert will take place at the Cowan Center tomorrow night (Thursday) at 7:30! I’m really looking forward to going to this, because next semester if I get a chance I’m going to join the ensemble as one of the clarinet players. I’m ready to see how well everything goes, and you can definitely expect a blog from me reviewing how the concert went!
                If you’re interested in going, it’s FREE and open to the public, so anyone can come! I hope all of you are able to go and enjoy listening to the different songs that they’re going to play! If you see me, feel free to sit with me too! J Hope to see you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment