Monday, October 22, 2012

The Coffin Shop- My favorite place


                Here lately, I've  been making the occasional trip to a place called “The Coffin Shop.” It’s not a literal place where you go and buy coffins or caskets. The Coffin Shop is a venue in downtown Tyler that hosts concerts every so often. I went a few weeks ago to see The Problem Preachers, and I went again on Saturday to see who else plays there.
                I must say that I was quite impressed with everything. I never imagined that there would ever be a place this awesome in Tyler, but thankfully there is! The Coffin Shop is without a doubt one of my favorite places here.
                The Coffin Shop is like an underground music scene right in downtown Tyler. There is always artwork of some kind displayed on the walls there, and sometimes it’s even for sale! The people there are always nice to me, which I enjoy especially if my week hasn't gone so well. When I’m sad or bored, or just want to have a good time, I know where to go.
                If you’re interested in visiting the Coffin Shop anytime soon, you can definitely join their Facebook page. They always post concert times on there, so it’s easy to find out when you should go. It does cost a few dollars to get in, but it’s easy to afford even for broke college students like me. I promise you that if you even make one trip to The Coffin Shop, you won’t be disappointed. The atmosphere is amazing, the music is incredible, and it’s a great place to make new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment