Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Evening of Jazz

The UT Tyler students that make up the Jazz Patriots
The University of Texas at Tyler's jazz performance last night was phenomenal! I am SO glad that I discovered this event and was able to attend. Some people don't realize how many wonderful things there are to do on campus, but colleges host some of the most diverse and interesting functions for students to take advantage of.

Jazz Patriot students with J. T. Pundt

The UT Tyler Jazz Patriots Combo and UT Tyler Jazz Ensemble entertained the crowd with guest artist J.T. Pundt on trumpet!


I was particularly impressed with the amount of talent that the students in these ensembles posses. It was truly refreshing to enjoy the talents of my peers and appreciate all of the time and work that they put into this music!

I would highly encourage students to take the time to seek out opportunities such as this concert to enrich their college experience. :)



After the Jazz Patriots kicked off the performance, the UT Tyler Jazz Ensemble took center stage to begin the second half of the night!
UT Tyler Jazz Ensemble

These songs were very catchy, and easy to move with! I was CONSTANTLY finding myself bobbing my head to the beat, tapping my foot, and smiling at the incredible performance. These artists set out to entertain with this performance, and that goal was most certainly accomplished. I even brought my mom along:
My mom and me! :) 
Also, our fellow blogger Chandler came to enjoy the music for the evening. I enjoyed seeing him as well as the several other students I knew in both the audience and the ensembles. For those of you who were there, I had SEVERAL favorite tunes. I couldn't just pick one! However, I did particularly enjoy the next to the last piece called The 4,679,385th Blues in Bb. 

In case you can't tell, I will definitely be attending more of these great, FREE, on-campus functions.
UT Tyler Jazz Ensemble with guest artist J.T. Pundt
I hope to see you all there in the future! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love these! Thank you for all of the pictures. :) It is like I was there.

Tyler PC Guru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment