Monday, September 10, 2012

Break Ups and Other Tragic Things

Even attending college with professors that are understanding (every one of them that I have encountered at The University of Texas at Tyler), they still can't shelter you from personal drama.

I fell in and out (arguable) of love with a writer this year, lost another friend to suicide, and found out an awful lot about myself in the process. Painful, but necessary to grow from, and not linger in.

I also learned that heart-ache is not conducive to learning. I made an incomplete in my summer class.
My professor is working with me.
I get to make it all up.
It won't be a big fat negative on my record.
They didn't even ask for details.

It is moments like this that we could worry, but it helps to seek out help if you have a need.
I can't help but feel lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment