Monday, August 27, 2012

Roommate Bonding

   Last semester, I wrote this post about how I supposedly was going to live with my friend Stephanie after my horrific roommate experience that first semester of college. During the summer, she changed her plans and moved in with another one of our friends. I took this opportunity to change to Patriot Village and get the luxury of a kitchen. This decision had the end results of another random roommate selection but for 3 new roommates.
     Now I'm going to tell you the truth here. I spent the whole summer after the room changing ordeal freaking out about "What if I have bad roommates???" and remembering how awful it was.When the move in day came, I moved in at the same time as one of my roommates and that went pretty well. The others moved in while I was out. We all congregated in the kitchen on the Sunday and had a "get to know you" talk that lasted about three hours.
      After that talk, our overall level of friendship on a range of 1 through 10 was about 4. The first couple days of school came and everybody was in class and trying to find classes and all that other jazz. A flyer appeared on our door announcing that our RA and another RA were hosting a BREAKFAST FOR DINNER!! on Thursday night. Megan mentioned I was doing this in her blog. So all of us got all excited about the prospect for free dinner and made a plan to all go together. So that night we all walked to Clubhouse and feasted on the copious amounts of pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon whilst slipping on some OJ. 
      
 Here is a picture of one of my roommates holding the BIGGEST chocolate pancake that was made with another smaller one within it. Which she consumed all of it and then some.

After this wonderful bonding session, I ended up spending most of my weekend with the roommate pictured.This included Mortal Kombat on my Xbox 360 and then preceded to watch old school animation movies. I don't mean old like 2005 but rather 1981 old.
So that's a summary of my first week of school aside from what I did in classes.
Now I embark on the second week of class which includes my 20th birthday on Friday.
So I'm hoping that it's good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment