Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Roomies

Ah. It's renewal time for on-campus residence students.  The students must choose to flee to an off campus residence or to stay or move facilities. Whispers and handshakes spread through the campus as the friends decide to room with friends for first time. Residents "fighting" over the three bedrooms and the rooms with the best view.
  I'm currently living alone in a double at Ornelas Hall. I searched through my friends to see if they needed a roommate and they wanted to live on campus. It came down to moving in with one of my best friends Stephanie in a triple next to three of our close friends. We're pretty close. I spent most of the last semester with this chickadee. So i'm pretty jazzed to be living with a friend. My roommate that I had last semester left a mark on my view on being paired with roommates. So I went pro-active and decided to pick my own.
        Rooming with someone that is a close friend has it pros and cons. The cons: we both hope we don't end up hating each other and it ruining our friendship. The pros: we know each other very well, we have common friends, and we've already pre-established our room rules.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment