Monday, May 21, 2012

TL;DR ... or, Hello! [ My Name Here! ]

 
   Greetings to you Mr/Mrs Reader who has either found this blog via private discovery, or maybe because you are one of the people I have linked it to in order to gain more followers for this site! I am Michael Hale, a senior English major here at the University of Texas at Tyler.

    I feel the process of blogging must convey some inspirational, educational, and/or motivational component, otherwise I always imagine the reader ( you, dear person! ) are reading nothing more than a glorified Facebook post with far better font options.

   What do I have to say? What things will this blog cover?

   People are always trying to express themselves, from film and its gorgeous HD 1080p/i resolutions, to the average 5-page English papers with 12-point Times New Roman font. The WHAT we communicate is largely different, as is the MEDIUM we communicate in ( blogs, tv shows, scripts, etc...) Funny enough, the WHY in this "communication equation" remains the same in most cases: we do it because we believe we have something to say and we can find ways to have things to say on every possible subject. I'd like to touch on all aspects of media and communication and how ( through my college experiences ) they can impact you.

   I believe that everything has a connection, from literature, film, video games, animeDungeons & Dragons, and college education. I'd like to connect these dots together, and in so doing make you think about your world in new and exciting ways.

   Some of the bigger things I'd like to discuss are working to build Clubs/Societies within college communities, the emergence of exciting new medias in education ( ie: I talk about comic books and sound professional! ), and the numerous things with being an English Major that I find worth discussing/sharing ... I am sure my fellow English major Megan Allen will have things to add onto with this subject as well ...


                                 This cat has the right attitude about Edmund Spenser
 If you were an English major, you'd be rolling.


... see you all soon!

2 comments:

psaikin said...

As a History Major I'll have you know I feel the same way about Edmund Spenser.

Professor Michael R. Hale said...

Truly, the dislike for Spenser crosses barriers for *ALL* majors. I am sure with enough (ie: no ) effort, you can probably find Math, Bussiness, and Ecconomics Majors who not only would dislike Spenser if they'd been forced to read him, but I'd wager they don't even know the man's name!

Post a Comment