Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The $25 Bicycle

You may recall another post of mine referring to the parking situation around The University of Texas at Tyler. In it I suggested biking as an alternative to driving if you live within a reasonable distance to the university. Well, earlier this morning I received a text from my friend Tucker with this picture attached

he had to fight off the random vagrant for it

In the text he said he found a bike I might like at a goodwill in downtown Tyler for $25....... Yes please. So I rushed to meet him to pick up the bike and this my friends is what I got.

not associated with varsity place
Mmmmmmm... Delicious..... I was ready to take it out and ride it around the neighborhood and show it off to those snot nosed teenage punks who keep playing their glee soundtracks outside my window at night. "Who's the tough guy now!?!?"  I'd roar in triumph as I gleam by on my shiny Schwinn. However that didn't happen as it is in need of serious medical attention.... and by serious medical attention I mean it is in need of new tires and tubes.

Stay tuned for more updates on my saga to take this bike back to it's full original glory by riding it to my Summer I class when it starts on June 4. (Oh my, so soon) Oh and to all you cool cats taking summer I remember to pay your bill by the first of June or you will be dropped!!!! Oh, and you should totally go to this as well.

Life Cheat #4792: If you're trying to take a nap after 6 PM you might as well go to sleep.

2 comments:

Pepe said...

Nice & just in time for National Bike Month! http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/

helena said...

This cruiser is what happens when you mix a classical-styled bicycle with a vibrant color pallet Hermosa Beach.


beach cruiser bicycle

Post a Comment