Thursday, March 29, 2012


Phussy Sealions and some Toads pt.1

I am sick and tired of people saying there is never anything to do in Tyler. I then share with them the local music that is available every weekend in Tyler. This ranges from Indie Rock bands like The Eggs, folk blues fusion of Risky on the Rocks, or my personal favorites The Problem Preachers. (Oh, I wonder why he likes them so much) Shut up parentheses Patrick! you have no power here. However, there are many of you who would much prefer to go see a signed or more well known act. Well how about The Toadies? "But Patrick, how can I see The Toadies in Tyler? they would never play here." Actually.....


The Toadies frequent Tyler usually playing at Clicks Live. Clicks is a lovely music venue / pool hall located across from The Corner Street Bakery on Troup Highway. during normal business hours they offer reasonably priced pool and is a nice clean smoke free bar, probably the best in Tyler. I bought my tickets in advance online for $21 but I found out upon my arrival that there were still tickets available at the door. I was how ever a little discouraged to find that a long line had formed at the door and thought I had gotten there far too late if I wanted to get a good spot in the crowd. However, I was wrong as I easily worked my way up almost to the barricade in front of the stage. The show started off with a band from Dallas called Sealion. They surprised me as the took the stage and went off in a glorious surfer rock ambiance with a distinct punk mix thrown in for good measure. Then The Phuss took the stage and exploded in a hard rock montage comparable with that of anything Josh Homme has ever touched. Then finally The Toadies.... But I'll leave that for part 2.

LOOK PICTURES
















No comments:

Post a Comment