Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sleepy Tuesday

So, the first week of school was... different. Not in a bad way, just in a different way, if that makes any real sense. I’ve got Newswriting and Reporting, Media Law and Ethics, Multimedia Production, Secondary Classroom Management, and Instruction of Diverse learners. I'm only carrying 15 hours, but the nature of the classes I'm taking makes it feel like I’m carrying little more. I don't have a real problem with it; I like a challenge.

My education classes are fine. We do most of our work in class and at the schools we observe. The other classes, like Multimedia Production and Media Law and Ethics, are a little heavier in busywork. I spent a great deal of last weekend reading and doing bookwork. That part was not so great. On the bright side, most of what I'm reading is pretty interesting. I think I've got a taste for media law and ethics. The law part is what interests me the most. As far as Multimedia Production goes, we’ll be learning all the ins and outs of filming, video editing, sound mixing, and all of that. Producing was always fascinating to me, so once all of the reading is out of the way, I think it’ll easily be one of my favorite classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment