Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello World!

Hello, my name is Courtney Renee’ Sheets and I am excited! This year had better get ready because I have some pretty big expectations and will not settle for anything less than absolutely amazing! Honestly, I would probably settle for slightly amazing or even relatively fantastic. Don’t get me wrong 2011 was wonderful in its unique special way, but I think we are all happy to see it leave. Am I right?
This New Year brings many new expectations and exciting new opportunities that I am sure will change my perspective on the way I live my life in the thriving metropolis we all know as Tyler, Texas. If you think I am being sarcastic I would like to inform you of where I came from. In comparison to my hometown of Magnolia, Texas (population 1,111) Tyler (population 96,900) is in fact a large town. I know this may come as a shock to some of you, who are from downtown Dallas, and after living here for two years my opinion has changed on the real size of this city, but I was so excited to get out from my small town and begin my life. UT Tyler was not the college I originally planned on attending. Like most of us, I had always thought of myself as going to rather large school with a rather long history, but that’s not how it played out. I had decided to visit UT Tyler when my senior year I made the decision to go to a smaller school and once I got here I loved it! The campus was beautiful and the people were so friendly, I knew I wanted to spend at least a little time here. That little time turned into the entirety of my undergraduate career.
Now, I am a Junior Speech Communications major with a Journalism (PR) minor. It has taken me a while to decide what it is I want to do with my life and most of the time I still don’t know, but I have settled with my fourth major and I love it. Like every other college student I struggle to balance school life, social life, family life, professional life (if I even have one of those) but it’s all part of my life and I’m figuring it out. Don’t worry I’ll be filling you in along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment