Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reading? Again? Yea

After the third day of classes today I'm getting the vibe I will be doing a lot of reading this semester. I’m taking the most hours I’ve ever taken at eighteen and all my classes involve rather large textbooks, and/or outside reading material. In fact one of my classes has two rather large textbooks. Since this is my junior year, I’m actually not stressed at the thought of this. Although I’m sure I will find reading all those books rather annoying, I know it’s necessary and pays off in the end. The biggest problem incoming college students have, speaking from my experience, is managing their reading time. I assure you doing a lot of reading for more than one class at the last minute is asking for trouble. You will simply overwhelm your brain with loads of information that you will soon forget rather than actually learning the material. While this might work for quickly cramming for a test, in the long run it won’t help. Comprehensive final exams do their best to make sure of that. In the process of writing this blog, I think I found a new years resolution, to stay on top of reading. Care to join? I encourage you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment