Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Year's Resolutions!

It's that time of year again and we all have our New Year's Resolution that we set for ourselves. Whether it be to lose weight, get fit, eat healthy, or even save money it is a goal we set for ourselves to help us be a better person. This year, like all other years, my New Year's Resolution was to eat healthier and to work out more often. One of the main reasons I gave myself these goals is because I know I can achieve them and they are not too extreme. As a student here at UT Tyler, I have access to our wonderful Herrington Patriot Center and all of the classes that it offers to students for free. I normally do attend all of the ones that interest me and that is at least 4 or 5 of the different classes offered. Some of my favorite classes that the gym offers are core crunch, yoga, and zumba! Last night, I attended the yoga class at 6:15, and I must say it was PACKED! I know that many students like myself are trying to maintain and keep their resolutions going, but as the semester goes on there will be fewer and fewer students in the gym like always. Students get busy studying for test, finals, midterms, and working on the other assignments they have and many just give up on their resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment