Hi all, I am the newest addition to the Student Communications Team! Today is the Monday of Spring Break 2010 and a few of us are hard at work recruiting students for the University of Texas at Tyler. When I am not working hard at the recruiting process, I am working hard at the sport I participate in, the sport that includes swimming, biking and running called triathlons! This school has a Multisport Club and we participate in triathlons together as well as support a healthy and nutritious lifestyle.
This past weekend, the Multisport Club participated in the longest running triathlon in the state of Texas, the Athens Triathlon in Athens, Texas. We were up against some tough competition, competing in the individual division, as well as the team division. Once the race was said and done UT Tyler came out on top, beating out Texas A&M! I came out with a personal record, PR, on the course taking off almost fifteen minutes and came in at 109th place! Actually, I believe everyone from UT Tyler who competed PR'ed!
Anyways, UT Tyler has a lot to offer, for the lazy person or the most active person, for the person who enjoys sweating through books to the person who enjoys sweating through clothes, this school as it all!
I have a crazy background in this school, I want to share this with you to show you that this school accepts you for who you are and even gives you chances to play "catch up" so you can graduate in a decent time period.
I came in as a freshman who thought he knew what he wanted in life, but changed my major not once, BUT TWICE and even transfered schools twice! I went from majoring in Health and Kinesiology my freshman year to History my sophmore year. Then, my junior year I moved to Lisle, Illinois to further my soccer career and changed my major to Business Marketing. After I finished one semester in Illinois I moved back to UT Tyler to finish out my undergraduate studies. Now, in my second semester of my fourth year I should be graduating, but since I changed my major twice and transfered out and back in to UT Tyler I am ONE SEMESTER BEHIND! The "catching up" is what I am doing now, with the wide array of summer courses that will allow me to graduate in December of 2010!
1 comment:
Great first blog, Cameron! Looking forward to reading more bro!
Post a Comment