It’s Monday, it’s spring break, it’s raining and I’m at work. Most of the students have already headed home for the break except for international students like me. So what do students like me whose family are in another country do for spring break?
Well, first and foremost like other students, it’s time to catch up on sleep and pending projects. Also, some students take a vacation and go somewhere. Previous years I’ve gone to Tulsa, LA, Las Vegas, Houston and Dallas. This will be my first year when I’m just going to stay in Tyler and work on my thesis as much as possible.
For other international students, if you guys can’t go out of Tyler, here are some fun things you can do in Tyler during spring break:
1) Go to some of the newly opened restaurants around Tyler. Few that I know of are Veranda (Indian restaurant), Smash burger (haven’t been there yet), Oliveto (Italian bistro, I’ve heard good things about it but have not tried it out yet), Don Juan (Great Mexican food). Or any other restaurant around town that you have wanted to go to.
2) Go hiking or camping to Tyler State Park. I know the weather today would not permit that but if it clears up during the week, I enjoy going hiking there.
3) Go the Tyler Ice Skating arena. If you have never done that before, hey there is always the first time for everything and I enjoy ice skating even though I’m a novice at it.
4) You can always go shopping if the budget permits and if you have the patience to look unlike me you can get good deals at Ross or Marshalls.
5) Check out the Caldwell Zoo. I was just watching a video fellow worker had made there. Seems like a fun place to go.
6) A stroll through the Tyler Rose Garden is always amusing but again bad weather today so if the weather clears up thats something fun and free to do.
7) And if nothing else, you can just gather up a bunch of friends, cook a nice meal or throw pot luck and ask everyone to bring food and watch a movie or catch up on the latest gossip.
So these are some of my suggestions. Hey if you guys think of anything else that you did for fun during spring break, do share… Have fun everyone:)
No comments:
Post a Comment