Thursday, August 14, 2014

Goodbye, strangers.

Well, faithful readers, my time at the UT Tyler Students Communications Center has come to an end. I can honestly say that this has been an amazing opportunity.  I have so much enjoyed interacting with the people in the office and also those who we speak to that are interested in the University of Texas at Tyler.  I also wanted to thank all of you that have shown support in comments or simply through your views of the blogs.  It really does mean a lot to the entire team when we responses from you all. I could write a book with what I have learned and experienced during my tenure here, but I will keep it short and sweet.

I started at this office approximately 1 year and 3 months ago and I am so happy that I found this particular position.  It has given me an opportunity to talk to people who I, ordnarily, would never even know about.  It has also made me think creatively as I wrote posts for you to view.

I would like to thank Amelia Harrel, our former boss, who put enough faith in me to give me my first real job. Her strength while at UT Tyler was an inspiration.  I also would like to thank our current manager Roger Sims, who has really made our transition from manager to manager as smooth as possible.  Between changing call programs to changing offices, Roger has been such an asset to our team, and we couldn't have done it without him.  Really, though.  We could not have been here without Roger because he is the one who assigns our call lists and stuff.

Don't worry about me, though.  I have brighter things ahead in my future.  I will be moving on to work at the Literacy Council of Tyler to help students obtain a GED and to assist those who speak English as a second language also get their GED.  This new job will help me tremendously with teaching in the future.

While I am sad to leave, I am also excited to start a new project and to help more people.  I have enjoyed my time here, but it is time to go.  If you would like to check out some pictures of my time here, check out Keerin's most recent blog post. Goodbye, strangers.


5 comments:

Post a Comment