Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Full Time Grad Student at UT Tyler

This coming fall semester I will embark on a rigorous journey. I will be taking a full load of 9 hours of graduate courses here at the University of Texas at Tyler. I will be taking Renaissance Europe with Dr. Tabri, 20th Century Europe with Dr. Gajda, and a Seminar Course with Dr. Koster. I have had Dr. Gajda for classes as both an undergrad and as a provisional grad student last Spring. I've also had classes with Dr. Tabri as an undergrad but I've never had Dr. Koster so I’m looking forward to seeing what a class with her is like.

I’ll be taking each of these courses once a week for 3 hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This may not seem like much, but take into account on average the workload is about 1 book and review a week, in addition to a short research paper in each class (short being about 15-20 pages). Along with this, I plan on lecturing a 1945 to present history course on the shift of American politics to the right since World War II. However, the great challenge is presenting the material in a completely unbiased manner.
I may have a lot coming up this semester but I plan on enjoying every minute of it as I did last semester.

A graduate degree has the potential to take you places a Bachelors cannot. However, going for a graduate degree is not for everyone. If you are interested in pursuing such a degree here at UT Tyler it important to first figure out your goals for grad school and what you plan on doing with your degree. Second, discuss these goals with an academic advisor to see what the University can offer you. You'd be surprised at the wide array of graduate programs UT Tyler offers.  Go ahead and take a look for yourself. There might just be something there for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment