Saturday, June 15, 2013

Oh the Places You'll Go... while at the University of Texas at Tyler

Every city has that one place, you know, that one restaurant or that one little shop that just makes the city great.  Tyler, Texas happens to have several of those.  However, there is one place that stands out in my mind, and that is Andy's Frozen Custard.  

I had the great fortune of going to this excellent establishment with some friends the other night, and despite it probably being my hundredth time there, I was still amazed by how excellent everything was.  The people working were as friendly as always, the ice cream -- rather, the custard -- was exquisite, and to top it off, the cost was a bargain at half of the price!

I was greeted with a smile, as always, by the young man working the cash register who took my fiance's order, and then mine.  She ordered something extra chocolatey, and I got my usual - a large chocolate shake.  Our order was out in about 3 minutes, which is extremely impressive considering how busy they were at the time.  There were probably around 30 people at the stand, but one could not tell by how quickly they were cranking orders of custard out of their windows.  


The speed at which my order arrives has always impressed me about this place.  During finals week, I would often go get some ice cream during my study breaks with a roommate, and we would only be gone for half an hour because Andy's employees work so quickly.  As a college student who is constantly moving and doesn't have a lot of time to wait for my orders, this is extremely helpful. 

I would be remiss if I neglected to mention the quality of the custard.  The taste of my chocolate shake was beyond comparison.  It was so creamy, yet so chocolatey.  It was as if I was sipping a chocolate shake prepared by the heavens.  I cannot suggest this place strongly enough for anyone who lives in Tyler, or will come to the University of Texas at Tyler.  It is an ice cream seller that you CANNOT miss.

Last, but certainly not least, I must mention the price that I paid for our ice cream.  For my large chocolate shake, and my fiance's super duper chocolate thing that I can't remember the name of, I paid 10 dollars.  This is much cheaper than you will ever pay at most ice cream suppliers.  This is also very impressive considering that Andy's sells frozen custard exclusively.  As a poor college student, this is definitely something that I can get behind.

If I were to rate Andy's on the 1-10 scale with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, Andy's would receive an 11. Their ice cream is fantastic, the service is awesome, and the price can't be beaten.  Andy's will forever be one of my favorite things to do while I am here at UT Tyler!

If you don't believe just me, check this out.  You can see how many other people around Tyler agree that Andy's just can't be beat!

As I expected, I am not the first UT Tyler Student Blogger to review Andy's! To see previous blogs about Andy's, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment