Sunday, April 7, 2013

My College Experience

       The semester's end is drawing nearer and nearer. My Freshman year is going to be over in 6 short weeks!! So, I decided that I would write a blog reflecting back on my first year in college!

       Before I moved here to UT Tyler, I was living in a house with six other people. I have a very big family, so I was not used to being on my own whenever I moved away from home. I was used to always having a part of my family around me. So that was one of the very first adjustments that I had to make.

       I didn't know what else to expect when it came to college. I was the first person in my family to go to a university. Another thing that I had to get accustomed to, was trying to manage my time. Time management has never been so important and critical to me. I learned over time how to balance school, work, and having a social life. It took a while and a lot of mistakes, but I got there.

       One of the great things about living right here on the campus was that I could interact with other first time freshman very easily. I met very many people over the course of the first two weeks that I was here. Now, many of those people are my friends! And friends are an important thing to keep close, especially in difficult times, like moving to college.

       Overall, I believe that I did quite a bit of learning this year, both academically and just about myself. College is so different than anything else I have experienced, yet it's one of the best things that I have ever done. I honestly don't know what I would be doing if I wasn't at college. Responsibility plays a much bigger role in my life than it ever had before!

       So, for all of you high school seniors out there who don't know what to expect from college, don't worry. The next four (or more) years of your life are very well going to be some of the best years of your life! Sure, it might be different at first, but like everything else, takes some getting used to!

       If any of you ever need any kind of advise about college, or wants to share your freshman experience, you can leave a comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment