Sunday, December 2, 2012

The New Girl's First Blog

Hello readers!

I'm Chrissy and I am the new girl on the UT Tyler telecommunications team!

So, being the new girl sucks. People stare at you, they wonder why you're there, they ask you a million questions that you self consciously answer, you feel left out of all the little nicknames and stories everyone else has, and etcetera. Luckily for me, I've had a lot of experience with this. Ever since I was 9 my family and I have moved around due to the fact that my dad is in the Army. My high school career was literally spent at a different high school every year. Since I have had to move around this much you would THINK that I'd know how to introduce myself properly by now. However, never being one to talk that much about myself I was never sure what to say when the class would go around introducing themselves, but I'll try to cover the basics.

I was born in Houston, I moved to Atlanta, Georgia where I stayed for 5 years. I then moved to Monterey, California for a year and a half, and then ended up back in Texas for my senior year in San Antonio.
My junior year I spent in Murcia, Spain with a foreign exchange program. It was amazing. This had to be one of the best experiences of my life. If you ever even consider studying abroad, I strongly encourage it.
My family is from Honduras so I get to be the team's resident Spanish-speaker!
I am a CAP student, and I plan on majoring in International Relations. However, while I am here at UT Tyler, I LOVE trying to be as involved as possible on campus (this will make your college experience so much better, I promise). I am a freshman senator for the Student Government Association, so I try to reach out to my "constituents" as much as possible.

I'm a really friendly, chill, outgoing person. I love movies. Especially indie movies. I love, love, love music. I love to dance, hang out, ride bikes, anything. I love new experiences and meeting new people.
I'm super excited to be apart of the team. Everyone seems really awesome from what I've seen, so I'm gonna try my best to make an awesome addition to this blog. I was soooo nervous coming in on my first day and writing this blog, but now I'm ecstatic and I can't wait to write about all my experiences here on campus. I hope ya'll like it!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope we don't scare you! :p

Post a Comment