Sunday, October 7, 2012

Friends at UT Tyler!

                 The power of friendship is something that I think is very necessary in college, especially for underclassmen. It’s always good to know who exactly your friends are, because there are a lot of fakers out there, believe it or not. Through many different learning experiences in middle and high school, I’ve learned to appreciate my true friends more. To me, friendship has been an important factor in helping me cope with being away from my family and old friends
                How do you know who your real friends are? Well for one, they won’t talk bad about you behind your back, but they’ll be honest to you when you ask. They won’t pressure you into doing something that you really don’t want to do, either. Sometimes it’s better to have a few true friends than to have a crowd of not-so-real friends. To me, friends are the people that know who you really are, even if you’re a little weird, and still choose to stick around.
                It hasn’t exactly always been easy for me to make friends. I didn’t really know how to make friends, so I set out to figure out how to have friends.  In the end, I found that in order to have friends, you have to be a friend. Trust me, it works! I love being with my friends when I feel sad, because they always know how to make things better for me.
                Someone wise once said “If you have good friends, no matter how much life is sucking , they can make you laugh”. I’m thankful that I have people who are there for me no matter what, and I know that they feel the same about me. Need some more advice about friendships or how to make better relationships with other people? You can definitely stop by the counseling center upstairs in the UC for advice, or even just leave a comment!  J

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is cute. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks :)

20-something girl. said...

YAY!!!!! :) And I'm with Megan. This is cute. :)

Post a Comment