Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Who wants to go running?



I’ve never been an athletic person. I am small and twiggy even as a child (see the picture above)
I was the kid who got out of gym in elementary because of asthma.
I took my last half of my “gym” credits in high school at the local community college taking a weight lifting class.
I AM NOT ATHLETIC.

These are my "dino arms". This is the picture before I busted my butt while taking the group jumping picture.


That’s in the past now. I am no longer plagued with asthma (temporary). I still have an inhaler and breathing machine if need to be. Overall, for once in my life I am relatively healthy enough to be able to not hurt myself while exercising.

Lucky for me, I attend a university that gives me many options to do my exercising.
 The options:
1. Use my mad skills I learned from my weight lifting class and use the exercise equipment at the HPC.
2. There are many classes offered at the HPC such as Yoga, Aerobics and Zumba.
3. I could participate in intramural sports.
4. Join in on the Beginning Mountain Bike Rides every Friday at 3:30.
     Those are all the options I could think off the top of my head. 

I will most likely not being doing any of them but rather running around campus and in the woods listening to music and playing a Iphone app called Zombies,Run!, whose name pretty much explains what the concept of the game is.  I'm doing this for preparation for HvZ (Human vs. Zombies- this is the link for our university specifically).

Staying in shape is very beneficial for your health! and it's a good counteractive to all of the typical college diet of pizza, soda and chips. I do not condone doing these both but rather trying to make a healthier diet to go along with all your exercising!

                                                                       Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment