Thursday, September 6, 2012

Crisis Averted

This pass Tuesday while in the business building I was taken aside by my adviser and told there was something important she needed to talk with me about. About two months ago I submitted my application for graduation and had been eagerly awaiting word from my department since. However, she had some bad news. She said I was 2 hours short of graduating this December.

My first reaction was to flip over all the tables in site whilst screaming at the top of my lungs, "POR QUE!!!!!!!!!!!!" I instead decided to go with my second reaction and asked if there is anything that could be done. She said she had already begun to set up an independent study course with her that would make up those hours. In less than 10 minutes one of the biggest crises of my college career had been brought to my attention and then averted. I went and filled out the proper paperwork and am now registered for an independent study of 19th century presidents.

I couldn’t imagine another University where this could have occurred. At any larger school I would have been treated like another number and simply pushed to the side. At The University of Texas at Tyler you are treated like a person with the respect and dignity you deserve and the professors here truly want you to succeed as a student. It’s times like these I’m glad I chose a school like UT Tyler.

Life Cheat #83042: Everything changed after the fire nation attacked

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part about your shoes! this is an awesome university because the students are so amazing and you are one of the brightest lights.

Post a Comment