Monday, September 17, 2012

Fight or Flight: Raccoon addition


.....After leaving the Open Mic Night at like 9.
I walked alone down the campus toward Patriot Village.
When I got to Harvey Deck, I saw a flash of gray and thought it was raccoon that I saw before.
I was right. The raccoon stood up on his hind legs inside Harvey Deck looking at me. I am a chicken. I am small. You can toss me over your shoulder and there’s nothing I can do. Instead my fight or flight reflexes kicked and I started walking back slowly back the way I came. I could probably have  taken the raccoon but I wouldn't bet on it.
    I called my roommate and begged her to walk and meet up with my wobbly legged self. She laughed at me and then still met me on the walkway behind Ornelas Hall and walked me home. 
Which I thank her for.
Dealing with an animal like that is really just… what it is.
If I hadn’t been walking alone, I probably wouldn’t have ran awwwayyy. Unless he actually showed some threat.
So that’s my interaction with the campus raccoon.
I saw a couple walk the same way and I didn’t see them running back. So I assume he just likes looking at us curious creatures.
   Does anyone else have any raccoon incidents?

1 comment:

a. katrina said...

DID SOMEONE SAY RACCOON?
And Emmy, it did that because it wanted a hug :)

Post a Comment