Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Advice for freshmen - from a freshman!


After being a freshman in college for a good three weeks, I have learned quite a few things about college. I’ve also relearned how to do things that I already knew how to do, but better. Here are just a few of the things I’ve learned so far!
·Get as much sleep as you can at night! When you stay up until 3 of the am and your first class starts at 8 the next day, you end up feeling more tired than you did when you went to sleep. And then once you get in the habit of going to bed late at night, it’s really hard to break that habit. Basically, if you know that you’re going to have to wake up early the next day because you have a class, don’t stay out too late.
·Don‘t wait until the last possible minute to do your homework. When you procrastinate, you feel rushed, and don’t necessarily have a lot of time to think about what you’re putting on your paper. And if you decide to do your homework the night before, make sure it’s not after midnight, because then you’ll get less sleep, and feel like a Zombie the next day!
·If you have a meal plan, don’t go out to eat while the met is open. When you go off campus and spend your own money on food, when you can just your meal plan, that’s a waste of your money. Now if you just don’t feel like getting the usual food and decide to eat somewhere else that’s fine, but I wouldn’t recommend that you make a habit out of it, or you’ll run out of money fast!
·Keep your things organized, and especially keep track of you syllabi. If you just put you papers just anywhere, when you go to look for them, you might not find them. So it’s just better to buy some folders and organize your things however you feel fit. You’ll be glad you did! Also highlight anything that you think is important on those syllabi, because your professors might not remind you about when things are due.
Basically, keep yourself together and don’t panic if you mess up. I may just be a wee little freshman, but think I’ve learned a lot these past 3 weeks! This is only the beginning of a new semester, and things are starting to get really interesting in my classes!

P.S- Feel free to leave me some comments! They really help me out! Tell me what you guys think about my blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment