Thursday, August 30, 2012

The chaos of "the last semester" ...



   To some, this won't make sense. 

   To some, this will be preaching to the choir.

   To others, this will seem like I am recalling something they experienced in the past.

   This is my final semester as an Undergraduate!



   This is big, big news for me because I have been in school for so much longer than quite a few of my friends and certainly longer than most people I know. This was because of bizarre things that went on with the first degree I sought, a degree in Film Writing. Well, that and the year off I took for work, and the horrible community college nightmare I went through. My college experience has been transfers, transfers, new degree plans, and more work between A and B than I can ever remember.

   But, it has all been worth it. I am where I need to be and UT Tyler has been the best place for me. I say that having been to three other universities before settling here and this place is far and away the best.

   My current schedule is having me take the "remnants" of my Core Classes, ie: Math, Biology, Government, and Foreign Language. All this totals up to be "An English Major Nightmare".

   Right now my biggest concerns are:

   Doing well in my final semester of Japanese.

   Surviving Biology.

   Studying ( and paying for ) my GRE Exam(s).

   Working out my writing sample(s) for PhD/MFA departments, etc...

   It's a busy semester, but that's okay ... 'cause it's the last one!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment