Friday, August 31, 2012

UT Tyler: A New Beginning



It’s official! The college experience has finally begun for me! For all of you out there, my name is R. Chandler Upchurch, and I’m a freshman here at The University of Texas at Tyler! I’m currently pursuing a major in business management, and I would love to become a movie producer or music manager one day. I am starting my first college semester with very high expectations.
 I was born and raised in Dallas Texas, which never ceased to keep growing up interesting. When I was in elementary and middle school, I attended a few vanguard/magnet schools in and surrounding the Downtown Dallas area. That was good while it lasted, then I decided to turn back to public school. Instead of going to one of the huge public schools inside of Dallas County, I went to high school in a small town just outside of Kaufman, called Scurry-Rosser High School. You’ve probably never heard about it.
One of the things I love to do most is listening to music. I have always had a passion for music, so I began to learn to play a variety of different instruments. Here is a list of all the musical instruments that I either have known how to play, or can still play to this day:


·         Piano
·         Violin
·         Guitar
·         Clarinet
·         Euphonium
·         Snare
·         Bass Drum
·         Quads
·         Xylophone/Marimba

I’m very honored to be a new member of the UT Tyler Student Communications Team, and I hope that this new part of my life ends up being everything I expect it to be and more! But I don’t know what the future holds for me and that alright with me! Sometimes not knowing what to expect next is what keeps life intersting! J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool story bro :-) how often are you going to post?
--Emily

Anonymous said...

WHAT AN AWESOME BLOGGER YOU ARE! Good luck in school!
-Mao

Anonymous said...

I am the Liberty Hall manager here in Tyler - located on the downtown square. I want to get info about our facility and events out to the UT students. Could the bloggers help with this? I saw that they did a write up on Kabob and I think that is awesome. If any of you want to come and see the theater or one of our shows - I would be happy to give y'all some free passes so you can check it out. Just contact me at apayne@tylertexas.com or 903-595-7274. Thanks.

Post a Comment