Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beginning of the End or End of the Beginning?

Tomorrow will be the last “first day of the semester” I have as an undergrad. In December I plan on walking down the aisle to accept my diploma and quickly jump back into the world of academia with graduate school. I’ll most likely stay here in Tyler where I am comfortable and already acclimated with the History Department and its faculty. I’ll write my thesis, get my masters, and then I’ll be on my merry way to continue my education by receiving a PhD……. Mmmmmmmmmm, It tastes so scholarly.

 
However, until that time I must concentrate on my current objective of getting excellent grades and graduation with at least some of my dignity intact. I also have to study for / sign up for / take the MAT or Miller Analogies Test which is required by the History department as opposed to the GRE or Graduate Record Examinations. Finally I need to make straight A’s in both my upper division history courses. I’m taking 20th Century Presidential Leadership with Dr. Linehan and 17th Century Europe with Dr. Tabri and I’m certain I can earn my stripes by acing both classes. With the other 3 classes I’ll be taking it shouldn’t be any problem.
Life Cheat #2847: A piece of art is something that serves no other purpose than being art.

No comments:

Post a Comment