Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reading List

  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower* by Stephen Chbosky
  • Dreaming in Chinese** by Deborah Fallows
  • The Hobbit*** by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • World War Z by Max Brooks
  • Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • Imagine: How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer
  • Mission to Paris by Alan Furst
As a self-proclaimed bibliophile, I honestly wish I had more time to read these books. But with college life, I'm lucky if I get enough time to sleep in a night and a weekend not dumped with homework.
With balancing time for classes, homework/study time, work, social life, sleep... I can only hope that I can squeeze in time to just sit, relax and enjoy a good read.

*Re-read. I’ve read it before but since the movie adaptation starring Emma Watson is coming out soon, I just want to read it again. Highly recommended, it’s a great read.

**Incoming freshmen were given this book for their summer read, so Orientation Leaders are also required to read it.

***Re-read but you have to agree... It's a classic and definitely one of my all-time favorites.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love the Fault in Our Stars. That book changed my life!

Deb Fallows said...

I hope you find the time to read my book, Dreaming in Chinese. I'll be speaking at UT Tyler on August 21. Looking forward to it. Thanks. Deb Fallows

Post a Comment