Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cancelled Summer I Class: Tragedy Averted

It's Sunday night. I decide to look at my email to see if my Middle Eastern Politics professor has sent anything out before the first day of class. Instead of a welcome message I received a horrifying display that I only remember saying "CLASS CANCELLED". My heart immediately sinks and springs up into my throat just long enough to censor the many expletives I want to share with my computer screen. See, I really need this class to graduate in the fall.

So I immediately jump into action and email Dr. Stadelmann (said professor) and ask him if there was another class I could take (him being the head of the History/Political Science department). Within an hour he got back to me with a class that would full fill my degree requirements do I can graduate in the fall.

It's the little things like this that have always made me truly enjoy my experience at the University of Texas at Tyler. If I were at a larger institution I feel that I would have had to jump through many hoops just to figure out an alternate class. But UT Tyler said neigh to such hassles and my problem was solved almost before it even began.


Life Cheat # 1948: Daddy long legs are highly flammable

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG your cheat is RIPPED from what Tucker said. I'm making him reaaaddd this.

a. katrina said...

I wish my summer I class gets cancelled.

But not really because it's a prereq to one of my classes for fall.

:(

Post a Comment