Monday, June 4, 2012

3 Pictures On Campus Per Week Project: Week 1

There’s a lot to see on campus at The University of Texas at Tyler. Since the campus is situated in the pines and oak forests of East Texas, we pride ourselves in having a very serene and nature-friendly scenery.

I mentioned 3-Pictures-On-Campus-Per-Week Project on my Summer To-Do List. It’s pretty simple and here’s how it goes.


At the end of every week, I need to have 3 pictures of anything or anyone around campus and talk about each picture briefly. There’s about 13 weeks until the new academic year/Fall 2012 semester begins which means I need at least 39 pictures to complete this project.


I might continue this even after the summer; watch this space!


Week 1 (May 27-June 2)

Taken by Harvey Lake
Silhouette of a bird on Harvey Lake. I always see this bird stand really still and then very quickly spring to the water to catch a fish. He/she moves like a ninja. Haven't gotten close enough to figure out what kind of bird it is though.

A deserted Harvey Deck. During normal academic days, this place is usually bustling with friends hanging out or having lunch. But for now, it's ghost town.

This is supposed to be one of the dining options on campus but it's currently not operational. Shannon Mariani, Director of Food Service says there are plans of reopening it by Spring 2013!







5 comments:

Becca said...

I love the place! It's very warm and cozy plce.And a nice place to study and do some activities and homeworks.

Unknown said...

Nice shout-out to Harvey's! People are always asking. :) I'm excited or the change.

Ryann Warner said...

You're REALLY good at photography! I can't wait to see the pictures in the weeks to come :)

RyanRussell said...

I love the pictures you took. They're all really beautiful.

a. katrina said...

Becca- I agree :)

Megan- Unfortunately I have never seen it open. So I'm excited to see it running!

Ryann- Ah I'm not THAT good haha. But thank you :)

Ryan- Thank you :)

Post a Comment