Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Internships

       Any major you settle in to at UT Tyler will be benefited from that whole real-life experience deal. You know, the reason most of us go to college in the first place? :) It's easy here, because it's who you know. I've been lucky enough to make those good connections through the clubs and classes I have been in my three previous years at UT Tyler. If you know where to look, it isn't difficult to find some free experience!

        Through Samantha Dwight, my advisor in student clinic and student counselling center, I was able to get about 15 hours a week of work in health and prevention for my fellow college students. This internship will hopefully give me the experience I need to possibly work in higher education health and wellness. It feels good to be on the right track for my future.

So, the question is, what do you want to do? Our professors and advisors are here to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment