Monday, April 30, 2012

I won!

This past week has been really awesome. The main reason being it was my 21st birthday, but another really cool reason is this little guy.
Ironically, this little guy's kind of a big deal. After receiving word I was nominated for an award, I attended the UT Tyler Computer Science and Engineering honors banquet on Tuesday. Not knowing what to expect I went hoping to win but if not, then at least enjoying a good meal with friends.

Upon the event finally reaching the Computer Information Systems department, my heart began to beat a bit faster as I listened earnestly. Next thing you know my name is announced for the outstanding junior award and everyone around me is excited. A certificate and a plaque later and I'm the happiest guy in the room. Yea, a pretty big deal after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment