Sunday, March 18, 2012

St.Patrick's Day Plans

               For my St.Patrick's Day evening out, I opted for a little black dress and heels over the traditional green garb. Nobody pinched me, instead I attended an event called Matisse March Madness. It is an annual show with art donations from local artists. Put together by Tyler AIDS services, the money goes directly towards prescription drugs for a disease that can cost as much as $3,000 a month.
              Tyler AIDS Services stance on HIV/AIDS:
While there still may be a stigma associated with the disease, those who are affected say all that matters is what happens after they contract it.
Tyler AIDS Services is committed to working with and assisting persons affected by or living with HIV/AIDS and their families by creating opportunities to improve and enhance their quality of life.



   
 
      The event was held at the Mercedes-Benz of Tyler, which proved a swanky venue for an art show. Though the setting was classy and the cupcakes were delicious, you could not miss the message. We have people in our community with HIV/AIDS that need our support, and I live in a community willing to support in any way. Even art is a vehicle for social change.
        Next year, you can be involved too. By donating a piece of art work to this event you would receive two free tickets (which is how I got in! it's not what you know, it is who you know, people). You could also buy a ticket for $25 dollars in advance, or $30 at the door. When you attend, you could purchase a painting, with starting bids as low as $25.
        I snagged these two photographs from their event page, because by the time I got there, it was full of people appreciating the drawings, collages, ceramics, prints, mixed media-- I didn't want to ruin the experience. I had a wonderful St.Patrick's Day.


May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you, live. –Irish saying

No comments:

Post a Comment