Friday, February 17, 2012

Writers Should Write

It is Friday, and I am discouraged. Midterms are fast approaching and the stress is getting to me. My classmates are planning more study sessions, more frequently. My to-do list notebook is running out of space on the page marked "Do Before Monday".

The porch professor said,
"Write, or you'll be dead in the water."
Wow, that's encouraging.

What I wanted to say is that,
I'm already dead! My best hope is to stay afloat! I'm drowning here!

But the truth is, I should be writing. Without practice, it doesn't matter what we are capable of anymore, it is what we can properly execute. Too many people are caught up in the "correct" way to do things, or their own idea of what would be "perfect".
Throw that away.
Nobody knows your art isn't what you planned. Maybe it is better.
So, writers should write. I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment