Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reclaiming my Time

During a normal school day, I waste so much time. Time finding my pants. Time finding something to eat. Time finding my books. Time finding matching socks.
Time.
Time.
Time.
Time that I have to admit that I just don’t have. So, today, I will tell you I have actually learned from my mistakes.

       My first step, as TJ suggested, I’m going to clean my closet. Actually, I will clean out my closet. After coming to college, I lost about thirty pounds by walking around campus and eating better. Almost half of the clothes that are in my closet, I can’t even wear anymore. It’s about time I let go, and embrace my new body. Maybe The Toms Shoes Campus Club will have another garage sale? I’ll have everything they need.

       I aim to tackle that thick stack of papers on my desk. Yes, have used the excuse that I read a study somewhere that said that making stacks of things is our brain's way to say that we will come back to the task later. It is later, now I have no excuse. An accumulation of papers that embody all that is important… but not important enough to store, shred, or record? COME ON. Once I get rid of the piles on my desk, maybe I can use the space to write something, instead of hunching over my laptop on my bed. Isn't that what desks are for, anyway?

       Before I turn in early, I will prepare a comprehensive grocery list of all the food I eat during the week. Without planning ahead and being realistic about what I need, I end up spending money on fast food that I do not necessarily have, and eating junk instead of something delicious and healthy. After I go shopping Tuesday, everything will be set.

School is much easier when I feel more organized. Man, I miss eating at the MET.

No comments:

Post a Comment