Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peer Reviews

On Wednesday, I was the first to present original work in my creative writing class. We all get in a circle and my professor asks me to read my piece.
After holding back the urge to throw up on my shoes, I read it. I read it out loud to the whole class. I read slowly, sweating bullets and full of doubt. I'm thinking that it is awful and I want to shrink in a hole and maybe dying would be too easy because I need time to live out the rest of my embarrassment underground, you know?

The best part of college, is that most people want you to get better. They go out of their way to help you. We all share notes and review things together. We all combine efforts to get the best possible education. Some classmates stayed after and talked to me about things they liked. The dialog was good. They helped immensely by giving me constructive criticism and it went really well.

Not to mention, my professor urged me to not be discouraged, and he changed the setting of my scene.
Said I did well, on my first shot. "People sometimes cry after these things," he says. "You're lucky."
I'm learning.
I plan on going to the writing center, too.

1 comment:

ElyCorum said...

I'm sure you did fine! use your hair as a cover

Post a Comment