Friday, January 27, 2012

Morning Walk!


(Forgive me for the quality of the picture, I took it using my frustrating blackberry)
Walking past the baseball fields at about 8 o' clock this morning. I looked at the "lake" not the research lake. The ducks were away from the fog just minding their own business. I frequently take early morning walks from Patriot Village to Ornelas Hall. I'm usually coming from one of my friend's houses.This was the first time I have this seen this happen on our campus. It was a bit of wake up from the routine walk. Plus it was pretty cold this morning.
This is just an example of how pretty our campus is. We've got nature/bike trails when you get tired of using the gym and want to change it up. The Herrington Patriot Center (HPC) hosts Slackline clinics (Slacklining is pretty awesome, this coming from someone with absolutely no balance)and other fun trips. The HPC holds bike clinics for those many students who ride there bikes to class and those who don't can use community bikes. I went on a paintball trip to Seven Points Texas the end last semester. It was pretty awesome. I still may have at least one bruise from that trip.
YHere's the link for the HPC page if you want to do something or just explore it. http://www2.uttyler.edu/hpc/ is the main page. this is the page I visit most is http://www2.uttyler.edu/recsports/outdooradventures/
I'm totally considering playing $35 dollars to zip line with anyone else who signs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment