Thursday, December 1, 2011

College Life: Fib or Not

During the Thanksgiving break I was talking to one of my younger relatives and he asked me how was college life. When talking, the question of “Don’t you all party every day,?” was asked as he smiled from ear to ear. I chuckled and replied “Yeah right.” As I went for my third Thanksgiving plate (Come on, give me a break. It’s hard to come by cooked meals in college so you got to take advantage ;)) I thought about how often, you may hear things about “college life” and think “Wow, can’t wait until I go.” In reality, if it sounds too good to be true, then it most likely is just as with anything in life. Do not get me wrong, college is a great experience that I think everyone should go through at least once to help mature and grow, not only intellectually, but also to learn how to cope with failures and accomplishments alike. College life alternates from university to university, but the most important thing you are getting is that peice of paper in your hand at the end. If it sounds too good to be true, 9 times out of 10 it is. Those that choose fun all the time will end up back at home, and while college may not be like the movie scenes you see, it does offer ups and downs that help make all of us better people in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment